17 August 2010

REALIZING MY CALLING

During my growing years, my ambition was usually to become a "doctor."  The part about helping people always appealed to me.  But then at the age of about 20, I realized the part about prescribing drugs or doing surgery simply was not part of my belief system.  I then began my brief search for my true calling.  This was before the days of our very efficient internet of today, but the public library proved to be very useful.  After doing some reading about health professions and then reading a more detailed book about chiropractic, something seemed to click in my head and I knew my destiny awaited me:  to be a chiropractor.  That was about 19 years ago.  Much has happened since then, including more than 13 years of professional practice, in the U.S and mostly here in South Africa.  I have been blessed beyond my ambitions and continue to enjoy helping people live better lives.  Just as I had dreamed of doing when I was only a child.

No comments: